· 04 March 2017 ·
· Jonson’s second attempt at his First Folio introduction ·
Ben saw my previous post about the First Folio.
Told me he’s always been disappointed by the “stunning obtuseness” of nearly everyone who’s ever read what he penned for the book.
I especially apologise for all the trouble that preface has caused. I really thought they’d get it. How was I to know they’d need hit over the head with bed slats? Maybe this will help.
In case you need to refer to the original,
I didn’t bring up the elegy. Postlife is too short.
Additional Bed Slats:
- • The Graver’s Strife, about Martin Droeshout and his infamous image of Willy. Posted 26 April 2019.
- • First Folio 2: You Are Not For All Markets, with Ben’s updated preface opposite a corrected title page in a First Folio sold at auction (at the end of the post). Posted 14 October 2020.
- • from the Shakespeare Oxford Fellowship publication Brief Chronicles:
- The 1623 Shakespeare First Folio: A Minority Report (2016) [PDF]
· Roger Stritmatter, Michael Delahoyde, editors
- · in particular: · First Folio Fraud [PDF]
- · by Katherine Chiljan – pgs 69-87
- • from the SOF publication The Oxfordian:
- Honest Ben and the Two Tribes He Hath Left Us [PDF]
· by Gabriel Ready
· Volume 17 (September 2015) – pgs 7-26