· 04 March 2017 ·
[Jonson’s second attempt at his First Folio introduction]
Ben saw my previous post about the First Folio.
Told me he’s always been disappointed by the “stunning obtuseness” of nearly everyone who’s ever read what he penned for the book.
I especially apologise for all the trouble that preface has caused. I really thought they’d get it. How was I to know they’d need hit over the head with bed slats? Maybe this will help.
In case you need to refer to the original,
I didn’t even bring up the elegy. Postlife is too short.
Bed Slats Reading:
- • my post from 26 April 2019, The Graver’s Strife, about Martin Droeshout and his infamous image of Willy
- • from the Shakespeare Oxford Fellowship publication Brief Chronicles:
- The 1623 Shakespeare First Folio: A Minority Report (2016) [PDF]
· Roger Stritmatter, Michael Delahoyde, editors
- · in particular: · First Folio Fraud [PDF]
- · by Katherine Chiljan – pgs 69-87
- • from the SOF publication The Oxfordian:
- Honest Ben and the Two Tribes He Hath Left Us [PDF]
· by Gabriel Ready
· Volume 17 (September 2015) – pgs 7-26