· 24 June 2021 ·
· On my 417th deathday I explain my recent absence and its connection to Sonnet 37 ·
- Truth is true I’ve been missing, AWOL
- Since the spring when I took a bad fall
- Fractured ankle encased
- Glenohumeral replaced
- Could I type on keyboards? Not at all.
- Other work and this blog idle, pending
- New titanium shoulder’s amending
- Lots of therapy still
- The occasional pill
- And some (with the good arm) elbow bending
- To my readers, ye old and ye new,
- Many thanks for your patience ensue
- This corporeal waiting
- Has been so frustrating
- Not much was I able to do
- Hunt-and-pecking now, mostly one hand
- To provide this update, where things stand
- Though the progress is slow
- Forward yet it will go
- I’ll post more just as soon as I cand.
©2021 @edevere17 all rights reserved
Fortune’s dearestas in costliest, not most beloved spite is a phrase I used in Sonnet 37, referring to my (first) misfortunate lameness. It was not a metaphor. In the spring of 1582 I was seriously injured in a fight. Rapiers, not fists. Barber-surgeons at the time were less than adept Serratura is Latin. It means Sawing. at proximal femoral replacements, so I did without. The leg gave me trouble for the rest of my life, which ended on this date in 1604.
▲ Pitch perfect key changes, and
check out those 1951 special effects.
▲ Bad bootleg, original Broadway cast,
2005. I hope I’m not dead yet again
when the film finally arrives.
Sources and Additional Reading
- • The radiographs in the banner image come from Wikimedia Commons via this Creative Commons licence .
- • Touching the Affray at the Blackfriars [sourcetext.com]
- · by Gwynneth Bowen
- · Shakespearean Authorship Review
- · Number 18, Autumn 1967
A look at the sharp-edged unpleasantness with Knyvet, brought on by my affair with his fetching and fecund niece Anne. A topic in need of its own post(s). Someday.
- • Why Was Edward de Vere Defamed on Stage— and His Death Unnoticed? [PDF, shakespeareoxfordfellowship.org]
- · by Katherine Chiljan
- · The Oxfordian, Volume 21, 2019